POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu) : Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Dec 2000 10:32:26
Message: <3A364505.1A11CAEB@gmx.de>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> but as I answer to Chris main part of my concept is using "bi-directional"
> deformation and if warps support it this could be possible
> but I'm affraid it is imposible

I recognized that, NTL it seems to be possible with isosurfaces.

> no, they aren't simple, only twister is simply
> is this simple to calculate x from (A*x-B)(cosx-sinx)=C ?

That wasn't my point, i just meant that it would be better to enter the
function in a common way like an isosurface function than to hardcode it
and introduce a new keyword for each new function.  If it's not possible
to use warps, you maybe should consider using the isosurface function
parser as i first suggested.

> this is misunderstanding
> you think that I want function for whole space but I don't want
> I want container for base space and deform function
> with this I can describe space of deformed object and bound it
> during trace I can recognize steps inside deformed container and undeform
>
> are you curious about placing along spline ?
> just like 2d drawing software puts text on curve
> I'm not sure if it is possible but perhaps this is beginning:
> [...]
> looks this possible ?

Well, it's a bit too much for a tuesday afternoon :-) but anyway it seems
to be a function for whole space although it's constant in one or two
directions.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>